Welcome to the Minnesota ASCD!
What is Minnesota ASCD?
Minnesota ASCD is a state affiliate of International ASCD. Membership is open to all educators, from classroom teachers to professors of education, school and district administrators, and college students. Minnesota ASCD provides resources, learning opportunities and networking for state teachers and administrators. We work to provide educators with a local perspective on national educational issues in order to support student learning across our state.
Minnesota ASCD Mission Statement:
"Leading for Learning: developing leadership among educational decision-makers to improve curriculum and instruction for Minnesota students."
• Newsletter: Members receive the Minnesota Report, published twice a year, which provides information on curriculum and instructional issues, as well as local perspectives on federal and state education legislation.
• Teacher Leader Institute: Discounts and early registration for the Teacher Leadership Institute, held annually in October at a resort in northern Minnesota, are available to members. This event brings in nationally known experts to share their knowledge to support ongoing learning and leadership development for state teachers and administrators.
• Curriculum Expo: Members receive an invitation and free admission to the Curriculum Expo, where members and their district colleagues can meet with national publishers to review the latest in textbooks and resources for supporting learning. The Curriculum Expo is held in the winter at various locations to provide access to current educational materials.
• Topical Conferences and Seminars: Members receive first information, registration and discount opportunities for conferences and seminars sponsored by Minnesota ASCD. Conferences, held in the spring of most years, are developed in response to member concerns, requests and interests. These conferences provide local insights and perspectives related to current topics in teaching methodologies, instruction, assessment or curriculum. Other seminars, such as our Brown Bag lunch series, offer small group discussion and exploration of educational topics and learning strategies.
• Leadership Opportunities: All state educators who join Minnesota ASCD are able to develop their leadership skills as members of committees or as members of the Executive Board. Committees include: Communications, Influence, Membership, and Programs. Interested individuals can contact the Executive Secretary, Lori Sandvig, (email@example.com or 952-920-9123) to find out more about supporting the work of Minnesota ASCD.
Become a Minnesota ASCD member and join other educators as we work to enhance learning for all students in our state!
Minnesota ASCD contact information: Lori Sandvig, Executive Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org 952-920-9123 (phone and fax)
Connect with us: